Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What do with squirels detroying our roof?

the squirels are damaging our roof of the house what can we do to prevent this from happeningWhat do with squirels detroying our roof?
Hav-a-heart will easily trap them unharmed. They are looking to make nests now. If you think they can tear up a roof, wait until you see what the can do to the insulation. Mine caused considerable damage.


If I hadn't just built a pair of dormers in the front of the house and had the knee walls open,I wouldn't have notice the holes they punched in everything. I couldn't understand why my house was suddenly so drafty. When I saw what they did, I knew. Check with you local wildlife officers, you may not be able to relocate them without danger of being arrested. Check you local laws. They did pull off some of peak of the roof shingles trying to get in. The found a loose board in the eaves. Remember if you get soft hearted, they carry ticks,fleas and virus that can be very dangerous to your health. Like the first guy says they are good eating. Me? In my old age I just don't have the stomach to kill anything. Maybe because I don't have much time left myself? Contact a hunter in your area he wil be glad to take them off your hands. Or take out a frying pan and get revenge.What do with squirels detroying our roof?
Trim the tree branches so they don't meet your roof. Cover your gutters with some chicken wire so they're less attractive to their feet maybe? I think if the squirrels are able to tear up your roof - your shingles are probably in bad shape anyway and you need your roof replaced. But don't poison them - they'll keep coming and you'll still have a problem even after your poison accidentally ends up in the mouth of the neighbor's dog who is just so lucky enough to catch a slow dying squirrel.
I can send you a couple good recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment