Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do I keep squirels out of flower pots?

the squirrels keep trying to bury their peanuts in my flower pots. they keep coming on my porch. what can i use? i heard of peppermint oil? how about mothballs? i live in a city so i don't want smelly deer repelent. i don't want to hurt the squirrels, just keep them out of my flower pots. I tried a small screen and rocks on top of that, but that didn't stop them for long.How do I keep squirels out of flower pots?
An air gunHow do I keep squirels out of flower pots?
MMMMI'm going to stick my neck out here and say if the squirrel is a Gray one they are classed as vermin as they eat birds eggs eat damage trees will attack cats they are very clever the best thing is to either shoot it or trap as a lot of estate workers are doing to try and get our native reds back.If your squirrel is a red one, be pleased you have the chance to see them close up why don't you leave a large tub full of peat compost or peat free compost free of any plants and try to encourage the red squirrel, which in turn might bring his/her family to visit you and you could take pictures when they come back to their larder. It's been a few years since I saw a red squirrel the are in short supply at the moment.
I have heard that you can put some moth balls in the container and the squirrels will stay away.
You, or someone, just asked this question!





Check my original answer.
where ever u dont want them, just spray a 50-50 water ammonia solution. trust me! if ur worried about the smell, just add two drops of good smelling air freshener. it worked for me!!
.22 or .17 then you will have dinner too
moth balls.......lots....

No comments:

Post a Comment