Friday, February 5, 2010

My puppy at a squirels tail!?!? help?!?

my puppy ate a squirrel's tail!!


and shes not had her rabbies shots or anything yet!


what should i do?


will it harm her?My puppy at a squirels tail!?!? help?!?
I would call the vet and see.My puppy at a squirels tail!?!? help?!?
It is not a good thing that she hasn't had her shots. At the same time, dogs eat dead things all the time. She'll probably be fine. I believe that rabies is transmitted through saliva, so eating a tail wouldn't pass it on to her. She could get the equivalent of dog food poisoning. Small dogs and puppies dehydrate very quickly so if she is vomiting a lot you need to go to the vet. Otherwise, just call and see what the vet has to say about the risks of her having eaten it.
I've never heard of this happening. Get her the rabies shot ASAP. I would call your vet, maybe even an animal hospital to see if it could harm her. i wouldn't think she would get rabies unless the squirrel bit her but I'm not sure, I've never heard of a situation like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment