Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do squirels fine their fall nuts?

I could give you a really naughty answer to this...but I won't. Instead, I will just say that they sometimes can smell them, they sometimes simply remember where they hid them. But not always. LOT'S of nuts and goodies end up lost and buried until they eventually turn into a small tree. My neighbor has a black walnut tree in the back which hangs over my yard. I can't tell you how many little seedlings I have popping up in the front lawn in the spring. The squirrels bury them, and either forget where they went or they are under too much snow for them to forage them back out of there. On the other hand, I personally have an apple tree out back, and it is an absolute hoot to watch these little squirrels trying to carry an apple bigger than their head across the road to store it under the neighbors front porch for the winter. We have apple cores laying around in the snow in January. They never seem to forget where they hid the apples!!How do squirels fine their fall nuts?
i'm not sure . but they missed you
  • top 10 myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment