Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Has anyone had experience with sonic rodent repellers? I have moles & squirels in my yard but also have a dog.

Since I have a dog, I don't want to use any kind of poison. I just wonder if these things really work.Has anyone had experience with sonic rodent repellers? I have moles %26amp; squirels in my yard but also have a dog.
Nope, just a waste of money. Check out the management section of the link to UCIPM. http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES鈥?/a>Has anyone had experience with sonic rodent repellers? I have moles %26amp; squirels in my yard but also have a dog.
No, but insect repellers are worthless.
I have not had anyone talk about how great they are, so I doubt they are effective, know what I mean? For moles I put down grub-nematodes and those kill their food source so they leave. If you want fewer squirrels, more raccoons and more eagles will do the trick - otherwise you have to cut down some trees to get rid of them. Be sure to pick up any nuts dropped by your trees as soon as you can - to reduce the breeding food supply or they just keep having bigger families. It also stops them from burying and digging in the yard as much if they do not have nuts already in your yard to bury and dig. The dog will deter some squirrel activity on the ground of you leave them out in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment