Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Can a dog that chases squirels get along w/my cats?

We just rescued a Doberman and he seems to be getting along with my cats, as long as they dont run for him. We keep a very close eye on him when the cats are out and he leaves them alone, like I said until they run away then you can see him thinking...can I chase them??? As for the squirels outside...that's another story. I think Buddy thinks his only job in life is to rid the backyard of squirels. I am just wondering if a dog that chases squirels can learn that my cats are 100 PERCENT OFF limits. Any ideas or thoughts would be great!Can a dog that chases squirels get along w/my cats?
He like the cats and views squirrels as intruders....I have a Dalmatian who chases anything that is in the neighboring yards as well.....My yard is now chipmunk free too. She stands over holes and waits for them and gets them...her patience is that of a Saint!!!!Can a dog that chases squirels get along w/my cats?
expierence speaking, you have trouble on your hands. dobermans, rochwielder, and pit bulldogs are trouble. i would no more trust one than i would trust a child with a loaded gun. you would be well advised to rid youself of this potentialy dangerous animal!!!
YES
my dog left my cat alone and she chased squirrels and even other cats. it just took a few times of my cat scratching her and she got the picture
sure


I have dogs that chace rabbits, and other dogs that retrieve birds, Both get along fine with our cat.


'Corse our cat thinks he is a dog ;)
No probs, it will.
personally, I would never have a cat with a dog like that. Cats just make the dog go crazy.
It just depends try it out

No comments:

Post a Comment