Friday, February 5, 2010

How can I keep the squirels from hiding their accorns in my mulch. It's driving me nuts (no pun intended).

They dig out my mulch and hide their stuff in there and I'm stuck fixing up what they messed it. It's getting on my last nerves. I mean, I think I clean up after the squirels more than I clean up after my kids. It's crazy.How can I keep the squirels from hiding their accorns in my mulch. It's driving me nuts (no pun intended).
A fence will not keep a squirrel away from your garden.


A big Labrador dog will keep them out but that would be even more trouble.


Well, At least you get free soil tilling from the squirrels.How can I keep the squirels from hiding their accorns in my mulch. It's driving me nuts (no pun intended).
You've just got to learn to live with them.





Or you can try to create an extra enticing mulchy area in some corner and put some food in that area. It might encourage them to use the other spot.
Sprinkle with pepper or red pepper. They don't like the hot smell. Won't look bad, cheap.Won't hurt the squirrels
get a cat


or a wild animal urine from the feed store will deter them

No comments:

Post a Comment